TGS provides multi-client geoscience data and services to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies around the globe. TGS’ geophysical and geological data products include multi-client seismic libraries, permanent reservoir monitoring, magnetic and gravity data, the industry’s largest global database of digital well logs and regional interpretive products. TGS also provides high-end depth imaging services to help resolve complex seismic imaging problems. The suite of integrated exploration data products available from TGS is distinctive and unmatched. If interested in this position, Click Here to Apply!
The Research and Development Geophysicist will be responsible for developing new geophysical imaging technologies and/or applications. The Research and Development Geophysicist will also provide technical support to production processing groups. This position may involve conducting high-end seismic imaging research or developing high-end seismic imaging applications and mentoring junior staff. Location:
Houston, TX (CityWest)Duties:
- Develop new geophysical imaging technologies or applications.
- Optimize applications to run in production environment.
- Conduct high-end seismic imaging research.
- Provide technical support to production processing groups.
- Persons in senior positions mentor junior members of the team.
- Master's degree in Geophysics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Enjoys working in a team environment but can work independently.
- Creative and innovative problem solver.
- Good understanding of the physics of wave propagation.
- Strong analytic and computer programming skills in C, C++.
- Experience with and knowledge of LINUX systems.
- Sound knowledge of geophysical and geological principles.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects proficiently with little supervision.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
TGS provides competitive salary and benefit packages. Ifinterested in this position, Click Here to Apply!
TGS is an equal opportunity employer.