TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions. If interested, Click Here to Apply! Position Summary:
Advising Geophysicist will be responsible for providing geophysical support to geophysical processing personnel. Candidate should be familiar with, and be able to support all phases of 2D and 3D time or/and depth projects. Additional responsibilities would include interfacing with clients (internal or external) to discuss technical issues regarding the processing of a project. Candidate would also function as a liaison between the production team and R&D. Location:
Houston, TX (CityWest)Duties:
- Responsible for technical aspects of production jobs
- Responsible for interfacing with clients
- Responsible for disseminating knowledge throughout processing group
- Mentoring junior staff members
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux based software packages and workstations
- Demonstrate personal commitment to living the TGS values
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Geophysics, Geology, Physics or Math preferred, but will consider other degrees
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in processing; experience in time and/or depth processing desirable
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Sound knowledge of geophysical and geological principles
- Keen problem recognition and resolution skills
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly, both within the company (R&D and management), and with external clients
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to design efficient workflows to address complex processing problems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Motivated to produce superior quality products in an efficient manner
- Proficient in the use of MS Office especially PowerPoint
TGS is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicants must currently be qualified to work in the United States.
TGS provides competitive salary and benefit packages. If you are interested in applying for this position, Click Here to Apply!