Erlend Wild West
Why Erlend Wild West?
Erlend Wild West 3D, acquired in 2018 (EWW18) was merged with the Erlend West 3D survey, acquired in 2012, in a pre-stack depth, merged project. The highlight of this processing work is the use of Reflection Full Waveform Imaging (FWI) and interpreted geomodels of the different volcanic facies, linked to analogues in nearby wells to improve understanding of the plays in one of the most exciting E&P regions of the UK continental shelf.
- Consistent Pre-Stack Depth Migration (PSDM) dataset based on five vintages over a geologically complex area where the main target was Inner flows and sub-basalt sediment
- New acquisition and broadband processing of 1,895 km2 merged with EW12 (1,580 km2), which was narrowband plus infill with older surveys
- Survey was acquired with 3 sources and 12 streamers optimized for high lateral resolution
- Advance model-building using dynamic matching FWI combined with tomography and anisotropy updates.
- Unique, detailed velocity model of supra-, intra-, and sub-basalt features
- Improved imaging for delineation and characterization of volcanic processes, fluid flows, and re-mobilization of sediments
- Area-specific processing parameters incorporating quantitative QCs and geological knowledge
Our Data Coverage
Speak to a Specialist
Interested in a product demo or trial? Let us know your needs and we’ll connect you to the right person or team.