Facies Map Browser (FMB)
Improve regional geological interpretations and detailed subsurface understanding
A comprehensive well database with a robust regional sequence stratigraphic interpretation, delivered in a desktop browser.
Facies Map Browser
This interface includes tools to review and analyze depositional system models derived from this interpreted well database; all of which has been tied to reference seismic.
The FMB is an invaluable tool for improving geologic regional perspective and detailed subsurface understanding, as well as for testing new investment opportunities or new play concepts.
- Northwest Europe
- Eastern Canada
- Australia NW Shelf
- Offshore Brazil
- Interpreted borehole stratigraphy
- High quality log suite (GR, DT, DTS, NPHI, RHOB, ILD, SP and CAL) when available
- Interpreted lithology with cement and modifiers
- Main environment of deposition
- Associated depositional facies
- Gross depositional environment maps
- Hydrocarbon shows data
- Calibrated time depth pairs and synthetics
- Burial history
Benefits of FMB
- Reduced risk through delineating source, seal and reservoir for use in predictive exploration
- A robust framework for play modelling and exploration work
- A fast track understanding of basin development and shortened exploration cycle time
- TGS’ multi-client approach delivers a large integrated study in a relatively short time frame for a greatly reduced cost per client
A Robust Visualization Application
FMB includes a suite of integrated applications that allow the user to perform a range of visualization, manipulation, data analysis techniques, and exports.
These applications include:
- Well Panel - A core component of the FMB, providing access to the primary licensed interpreted well data. Enables visualization of wells in single and multi-well cross-section views.
- Glide Map - The interactive map viewer and data analysis tool for the FMB.
- Query Tool - Enables exploration led queries made directly from the licensed data. It provides an opportunity to generate value outputs directly from the FMB.
v4.5.0 Northwest Europe FMB Update
Includes all recently released E&A wells to provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive sequence stratigraphic model in the entire region.
4 new glide maps (T15-T16, T17, T18, T19)
Review of existing interpretation and new infill of 5 Oligo-Pliocene sequences
Stratigraphic chart update
Extent and type of hydrocarbons with additional show strengths are highlighted and flagged within the the oil, gas, and condensate fields within the Well Panel.
This will be represented as a diagonally striped interval.
Extensive data mining of wireline logs and completion reports were used, aiming to capture flow rates from Drill Stem Tests (DSTs) to give our clients key indicators about hydrocarbon discoveries.
Breaks in stratigraphy will be highlighted by a wavy line and users can customize the colour, frequency, width, and amplitude of the line.
Hiatuses can be correlated using either 3rd Order Sequences , or Chronostratigraphic Stages.
Recent Press Releases
TGS Capital Markets Day – Save The Date
TGS Announces Espirito Santo Multi-Client 3D Survey Offshore Brazil
Recent Technical Papers
Geoscience Interpretation Products
TGS provides a variety of basin wide interpretations to aid geoscientists. These include Play Fairway Analysis (PFA), Basin Temperature Modeling (BTM), Post Well Analysis (PWA), Formation Tops,