Facies Map Browser (FMB)
A best-in-class sequence stratigraphic geological interpretation and comprehensive well data suite, delivered within a user-friendly desktop browser.
Facies Map Browser
The FMB provides access to comprehensive well-based stratigraphic interpretation and sequence constrained facies maps. Developed over a 20 year period and updated on an annual basis, the FMB is established as an invaluable resource that provides the most current subsurface data and expert geologic knowledge to accelerate regional hydrocarbon and carbon storage assessment.
FMB well and map datasets are delivered via our easy-to-use desktop browser, allowing users to query and visualize interpreted wells and facies maps, along with quick access to source data and a regional cross-border stratigraphic framework.
Geographic Areas for FMB
- Northwest Europe
- Eastern Canada
- Australia NW Shelf
- Offshore Brazil
- Interpreted Borehole Stratigraphy (Chrono-, Litho-, and Sequence)
- Gross Depositional Facies & Environment Maps
- Interpreted Lithology with Cement and Modifiers
- Environment of Deposition
- Associated Depositional Facies
- Conditioned Wireline Logs (GR, DT, DTS, NPHI, RHOB, ILD, SP and CAL)
- Mud Gas Chromatograph Logs (C1-C5 & Total Gas)*
- Deviation Surveys
- Calibrated Time-Depth Pairs and Synthetics
- Hydrocarbon Shows
- Geochemical Data*
- Core & Casing Depths
- Core Analysis Data: Porosity, Permeability and Saturation*
Benefits of FMB
How our clients use the FMB
Understand regional basin and paleoenvironment evolution based on trusted data; a robust interpretation that uses industry recognized best-practice methods that integrate well data, biostratigraphy, core and an extensive modern seismic database.
Complete license round applications efficiently, support asset evaluations, hydrocarbon exploration and development, evaluate carbon capture and storage sites.
Reduce risk through the delineation source, seal and reservoir facies for use in predictive exploration to develop play concepts and mature prospects.
Cross-basin harmonized stratigraphic framework and nomenclature is ideal for cross-border exploration and improves communication in license group discussions.
Leverage standardized database in Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning programs to derive deep insights.
Up-to-date geological insight; updated annually with newly released E&A wells, new data types from TGS digitization initiatives, interpretation upgrades and functionality enhancements.
FMB Desktop Application
A Robust Visualization Application
FMB data is delivered in an easy-to-use Desktop Visualization Tool, which includes a suite of integrated tools that allow the user to perform a range of visualization, manipulation, data analysis techniques, and exports.
These applications include:
- Well Panel - Enables visualization of well data in Single well, Multi-Well, and Geological Age (Wheeler) views.
- Glide Map - The interactive viewer for GDE and facies maps, and tools for spatial data analysis of FMB data.
- Query Tool - It an easy way to mine into the database, create custom queries and export data in industry standard formats directly from the FMB database.
FMBConnect Webservices (API)
Use FMBConnect webservices to incorporate FMB well and map data seamlessly into your workflows, applications and databases:
- Integrate FMB well and map data with your internal systems utilizing our RESTful webservices to automate data management processes.
- Optimize productivity with integration of data across applications and access to up-to-date data for decision making and technical evaluation.
- Integrate TGS data with proprietary and other 3rd party data to optimize workflows.
FMB Loaded to Petrel
Streamline data management workflows by leveraging our preloaded Petrel E&P software projects that include all the well-based FMB deliverables.
Webinars and Presentations On Demand
TGS On Demand is a free subscription to our video library of webinars and presentations. Subscribe to gain access or view some of our trial videos before subscribing. Already a subscriber? Click any of the videos below to watch them.
Get in contact with our Interpretation team to ask more about how we can help you with your subsurface intelligence needs.
On This Page
Recent Technical Papers
Geoscience Interpretation Products
TGS provides a variety of basin wide interpretations to aid geoscientists. These include Play Fairway Analysis (PFA), Basin Temperature Modeling (BTM), Post Well Analysis (PWA), Formation Tops,