Minimizing Environmental Impact and Improving Environmental Programs
TGS is committed to protecting the environment in which we live and work, while also conducting our operations in an environmentally sustainable and responsible manner. TGS strives to lead the industry in minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment. TGS is dedicated to the continuous improvement of our environmental programs and standards across all our operations.
We will work to achieve these commitments by:
- Planning operations to minimize and/or reduce environmental impacts to acceptable levels;
- Incorporating climate risk into TGS’ business and operational strategy;
- Monitoring our performance against approved environmental management plans;
- Measuring and reporting direct and indirect Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) generated through seismic operations and across TGS’ supply chain;
- Carrying out environmental audits, inspections and site visits of TGS operations;
- Maintaining compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance from trade associations;
- Monitoring the environmental performance of our contractors throughout the life cycle of each project;
- Ensuring that our contractors restore all project sites to their original condition;
- Promoting the International Association of Geophysical Contractor’s (IAGC) Ghost Net and Marine Debris Removal Initiative (GNI), and contractually requiring that all vessel contractors participate;
- Educating our employees and contractors in TGS’ environmental stewardship and sustainability strategies;
- Identifying, developing and implementing alternative energy solutions;
- Publishing our environmental performance in the annual Corporate Social Responsibility report;
- Periodically reviewing this policy and related plans to ensure ongoing suitability and effectiveness.
Our environmental efforts will be based on the implementation of the following key global strategies:
- Conducting environmental risk assessments of our operations and assessing our impact on the environment;
- Minimization and reduction of waste generated by design and purchase;
- Adoption of reduce, re-use and recycle programs where efficiencies can be found;
- Where hazardous chemicals, materials or products are used, adopt substitution techniques aimed at reducing or eliminating the handling, use and storage of such items;
- Minimization of carbon emissions by survey design and minimization of technical and non-technical downtime;
- Guarding against accidental and operational pollution;
- Development of emergency response plans for environmental incidents;
- Implementing applicable UN Global Compact Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s), including SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), SDG 12 (Responsible Consumption & Production), SDG 13 (Climate Action), SDG 14 (Life Below Water) and SDG 15 (Life on Land).
This policy is applicable across all of TGS’ operations. We shall take steps to encourage our non-operated business partners to apply this policy or an equivalent policy. We expect our contractors, vendors, suppliers and consultants to adhere to this policy when providing services to, or acting on behalf of, TGS.
Chief Executive Officer – TGS
November 2, 2021