The key for subsalt and presalt imaging which is driving the exploration to farther and deeper frontier areas in Gulf of Mexico, Offshore Brazil, Offshore Angola, Red Sea and other major salt basins
At TGS we provide full-service salt interpretation using specially designed workflows and tools to produce an
accurate salt model. An accurate model produces improved subsalt and presalt images allow clients to better define their prospects and generate decisions that minimize risks.
Salt interpretation services we provide include:
- Conventional iterative salt modeling
- Concept-driven reinterpretation and refinement of salt models, with confirmation through testing
- Interpretation-driven model building
- Interactive salt modeling on-the-fly for instant results
- Refinement of shallow overhangs
- Reinterpreting salt stocks
- Widening the “waist” to enhance
- Reworking complex structures
Justice WAZ vs. Declaration Long Offset MWAZ
Lessons on Salt Interpretation
- Conceptual guidelines become more important as the geologic structures become more complicated
- honor observable detail
- use observable sedimentary events
- Concepts need confirmation within the resulting seismic image. They need to be tested
- A complex approach to interpretation can result in a simpler and more successful geological model
Recent Technical Papers
MSGBC: Where is the next success?
Salt tectonic styles in the spreading basin: Yucatan, Offshore Mexico
Need Help or More Information?
TGS offers subsurface data, including seismic, magnetic and gravity data, multibeam and coring data, digital well and production data as well as processing and interpretation from deepwater offshore to conventional and unconventional onshore plays.Let's Talk Subsurface Data