TGS has a wide range of planned and on-the-shelf seismic data across Asia, covering established hydrocarbon provinces in Malaysia as well as frontier basins in Timor-Leste and Indonesia.
Our Data Coverage
- 2Dcubed (pseudo-3D) seismic data
- Covers 50,000 km2, across 11 blocks
- Fully conformable Post-Stack Phase, Time, and Amplitude matched and merged 2D and 3D volume
- South of Timor-Leste; across the Thrust Belt and Kyranis 3D survey
- 9,025 km2 3D multi-client seismic dataset
- Spans Australian and Papua New Guinea waters
- Coverage offshore PNG is located in the Gulf of Papua
- Reprocessed in 2021 following the ratification of the Maritime Boundary Treaty
- Up to 105,000 km2 of multi-client 3D data
- Multi-year, multi-phase project
- Coverage over Peninsular Malaysia, in addition to Sarawak and Sabah offshore regions.
- Approx. 160,000 km2 2Dcubed (pseudo-3D) seismic data across East Java Sea
- 3,336 km2 reprocessed 3D seismic data in the Tarakan Basin
- 3D surveys tie to discoveries at Badik and West Badik
Papua New Guinea
- 47,217 km of 2D multi-client seismic data
- Coverage over the Gulf of Papua & Fly River Delta
- Reprocessed 2016
- Pre-Stack Depth Migrated (PSDM)
- Vast 520,000 km2 2Dcubed (pseudo-3D) seismic dataset
- Converting >250,000 line km of 2D seismic to 3D using ‘structurally conformable interpolation’
- Unrivaled coverage offshore India's east coast in the Krishna-Godavari Basin, Cauvery Basin, and West Bengal Fan
- Regional 2D multi-client seismic program
- Approx. 11,000 km of high-resolution 2D data
- Coverage right across the Bengal Fan, Offshore Bangladesh
- Deliverables expected Q1 2024
See Also: Australia
TGS has been active in Australia since 1998, building up an extensive database that consists of 2D, 2Dcubed and 3D seismic data, gravity and magnetics data, and Facies Map Browsers in the Carnarvon, Roebuck, Browse, Bonaparte, and Otway Basins. Australia is an attractive investment location with abundant energy resources for exploration and development.
For the Geoscientist who needs regional subsurface knowledge, TGS’ multi-disciplinary Geoscience Interpretation group has consistently delivered best-in-class multi-client, basin-wide studies to the industry for over 20 years to reduce the risk, time and cost of the exploration-cycle.