Industry-Leading Visualization and Analytics Tools for Well Data
We hold the industry's largest well data library comprised of over 100 years of public and non-public sources, providing you with a complete picture of oil and gas well records, from permit to abandonment.
Uncover the multifaceted world of oil and gas operations with our extensive well data offerings. From the initial steps of permit acquisition to the intricate details of drilling trajectories and all the way to abandonment, our library serves as a window into the complete well lifecycle.
- Permit lifecycle tracking: Comprehensive US coverage of drilling, completion, and recompletion permits – updated daily
- Validated well headers & corrected surface locations: Wellhead locations derived from all potential location information validated by DEMs and verified by satellite imagery
- Directional surveys: Complete, researched spatial representation of wellbores from surface to total depth
- Pressure Data: Over 170,000 Drill Stem Tests and 23,000 Repeat Formation Tests across over 20 states; expertly analyzed, structured and standardized
- Casing, perforation, completions: Calculated key well completion attributes, treatment details and casing information
- Initial & annual production tests: Complete record of all regulatory-required production tests
- Wellbore spacing: Horizontal and vertical distances to parent, sibling, and child wells, visualized in a gun barrel diagram and available in a table
- Allocated and lease production (oil, gas, water): Fully updated production datasets allocated to the well with regional proprietary historical datasets covering North America
- Monthly forecasts, ultimate recovery, remaining reserves: Forecasts for every active well on a monthly basis including EUR normalized by lateral foot
- Interpreted landing zone: Producing formation derived from TGS stratigraphic models
- Vent & flare data: State-reported vent and flare volumes allocated to the well level
- EOR & disposal injection data: Nationwide coverage of well injection volumes, target formations, and injection purpose (EOR, water disposal, or storage)
- Core reports: Description of lithological properties of cores collected for each run
- Well reports: Collated reports containing key aspects of the well and subsurface: geology, geophysics, petrophysics, drilling, completions, and production
TGS Well Data Quality
We use public and non-public sources of oil and gas well records to produce the most accurate well database in the industry. One complete well record. Expertly matched and validated. From permit to abandonment.
- Complete validated well system through TGS Master Data Model
- TGS Validated well header ties the correct data to the correct wellbore
- PPDM and OSDU compliant API numbers
- Workflow-ready datasets, matched with the largest library of geological data
- Correct well locations
- Orthorectified and DEM-validated
- 88% of state well locations corrected by TGS
- 50% of wells moved 100 ft or more from state location
- Directional surveys
- Fully digital, composited from top to bottom
- TGS identifies 20% more wellbores and assigns logs and surveys to the correct wellbores
- Oil and gas well production data:
- Standardized completion attributes and performance KPIs tied to the correct wellbore
- Production allocation to producing zones and completion events
- Vent and flare data allocated to the well-level
- Non-public historical production data through operator donations and our acquisition of Lasser, Inc.
- Drill Stem Tests and Repeat Formation Tests
- DSTs and RFTs assigned to the correct wellbore and landing zone
- Interpreted incremental shut-in pressures, Horner Plots and time and volume gas measurements during flow periods
TGS Well Data Comparison
|Permit Life-Cycle Tracking
Comprehensive US coverage of drilling, completion, and recompletion permits - updated daily
|Corrected Surface Locations
Well head locations derived from all potential location information validated by DEMs and verified by satellite imagery
Complete, researched spatial representation of wellbores from surface to total depth
Calculated key well completion attributes: treatment details and casing information
|Pressure Data (DSTs)
Over 170,000 Drill Stem Tests and 23,000 Repeat Formation Tests across over 20 states
Fully updated production datasets allocated to the well with regional proprietary historical datasets covering North America
State reported vent and flare volumes allocated to the well level
Nationwide coverage of well injection volumes, target formations, and injection purpose (EOR, water disposal, or storage)
|International Well Reports
Collated reports containing key aspects of the well and subsurface: geology, geophysics, petrophysics, drilling, completions, and production
Well Data Analytics Free Trial
The Well Data Products Team is here to help
Spend more time analyzing your well data and less time on quality control so that you can make decisions with confidence. Whether you need a complete picture of your well performance or just want to access your well data quickly, our platform has got you covered.
Now Offering the Largest Library of Drill Stem Tests in the U.S.
TGS and the American Institute of Formation Evaluation (AIFE) have partnered to jointly provide the largest analyzed library of commercial historical drill stem tests (DSTs) in the US alongside TGS’ best-in-class log and well data library, giving customers a new perspective on well data value.
TGS Well Data
Quality matters when making exploration and development decisions to meet today’s oil and gas demand. All of TGS well data products are tied to one master well record. From permits to wellbore construction and completion, oil, gas, and water production, vent and flare volumes and injection volumes, TGS well data is workflow-ready and can be used in projects immediately making it easier for subsurface data managers and technicians to get their teams up and running. PPDM and OSDU-compliant Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), SQL Direct Connect, and industry-standard export formats and loaders ensure seamless export and integration.
The TGS well data product offering is extensive, including drilling permits, wellbore trajectories, locator and API number search capabilities, well spacing data, reservoir characteristics, well perforations data and well production histories. This data originates from many regulatory and proprietary sources, including completion and construction records, production data, drill stem test data, and other pertinent information related to oil and gas operations. Every facet of oil well information plays an important role in understanding a well's potential and productivity, shaping strategic capital allocation decisions.
- Oil well data, including oil and gas well records, provides comprehensive insights into reservoir properties, lithology, and potential hydrocarbon reserves.
- Well completion and construction data offer insights into the structural integrity and design of the well, while oil and gas well production data provide quantifiable metrics of production rates and efficiency.
- Drill stem test data, through the analysis of pressure behaviors and fluid samples, allows experts to estimate the reservoir's productivity, permeability, and pressure, key aspects for allocation.
- Well perforations can indicate the potential for optimal production. With locator and API number search, specific wells can be identified and tracked, supporting production allocation decisions.
- Production tests inform about the operational history and technical compliance of the well, impacting the allocation strategy.
- Well spacing information is vital in planning to avoid interference between wells, ensuring the most efficient drainage.
Speak to a Specialist
Interested in a product demo or trial? Let us know your needs and we’ll connect you to the right person on our Well Data Products team.